Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baptism

After 6+ years of discussions about which religion we would raise our children in, we decided to baptize Madeline in the Catholic Church. We've been attending Saint Raphael down the street for years, and although I'm not interested in converting, I would like for this to be our home church. I hope to find a community here.



Father Patrick met with us beforehand to go through the ceremony and answer all the questions we had. When he came over to her several times during the service, she just beamed! It was as if she was looking at God Himself. :)
We chose William and Laura to be her Godparents.

She handled the baptism well, and didn't scream at all!




Afterwards we celebrated with sandwiches, snacks, and cake back at our house.
It was a beautiful day, in so many ways!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen,

It's Sue Armstrong - we too are having the "what the heck will we be" discussion. We will probably end up catholic as well, so it's nice to know someone else is in our boat! St. Raphael's is a beautiful church - I had lots of high school friends that went there.
Take care.
Sue