Thursday, June 26, 2008

Block Party

Last weekend we spent a wonderful evening outside with neighbors. I have such fond memories of block parties from when we lived on South Wright St. that I wanted to give the same memories to Madeline. Because Cardinal Lane feels like South Wright, I knew that many people would be interested. Along with a few others, I helped organize. It was such a success and we had such a great turnout that we hope it will become an annual event! Here Madeline is sitting with our next door neighbor, Liza, who is expecting in August.
This is right after the water balloon toss. For such an old neighborhood, there are oodles of kids!

2 comments:

Mary J. said...

Wow! What a nice thing to have! I wish my neighborhood would have one. People are so disconnected these days.

Bryna said...

Wow...being compared to the South Wright Street picnics is a BIG DEAL! Sounds like so much fun!